This (6-month & 12-month) part-time Diploma in Learning Disorders Management and Child Psychology (DLDM) part-time programme is designed specifically to train potential teachers, parents and caregivers to identify, detect and support children with special needs, such as Autism, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Dyspraxia, and Dyslexia.
|Intake Dates||Jan, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct|
Alex : 6533 2743| email : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Office Operation Hours||11.00am – 7.30pm / Mondays – Fridays|
Who this programme is for?
- Educators, caregivers, and parents who wish to understand, identify and support learning disorders in children
- Educators, caregivers, and parents who wish to understand the various complex issues facing their child
- Educators, caregivers, and parents looking to effectively support children with learning disorders
What will you gain from this programme?
- Gain knowledge of the key theories and stages of child development, and the characteristics of various disabilities
- Identify specific disabilities and understand the diagnosis and assessment of individual weaknesses
- Acquire a strong foundation in speech and language development, child psychology, abnormal psychology and counselling.
- Develop a range of teaching skills to suit the needs of your child or the child being taught
- Learn to work with educators and therapists to provide counsel and support to families and parents of children with special needs
+ PROGRAMME STRUCTURE
The programme begins by introducing the theories and stages of developmental psychology and then moves on to the nature of special needs. The main focus will be for the students to be familiar with the most common learning disorders such as Autism Spectrum Disorders, Attention Deficit Disorders, Dyspraxia and Dyslexia. Students will be exposed to the identification processes, diagnosis processes and intervention strategies for individuals with these needs. Students will then be trained to help children develop their literacy skills and communication skills. The programme is highly practice-oriented to ensure a direct linkage with the real issues and problems encountered by the student teachers in their special classes. The students go on to acquire the critical foundational skills of counselling needed to work with children and the parents of children with special needs.
+ MODULES AND LECTURERS
Four Major Areas of Study
|Learning Disorders Management|| 1. Foundation to Special Needs
2. Intervention Strategies
|Speech and Language Development|| 3. Theories and Practice ( 1 )
4. Theories and Practice ( 2 )
|Child Psychology|| 5. Theories of Child Development
6. Developmental Stages and Processes
|Counselling|| 7. Counselling Theories
8. Counselling Skills
|Attachment||9. Students attached to partnered centres for observation purpose|
Click here for information on modules in this programme.
Click here for the list of registered lecturers deployed for the respective programmes and modules.
+ ASSESSMENT METHODS & GRADUATION
Each module will be formally assessed by written assignments, examination, and role-play (Counselling module). Students must attend 75% of the classes to qualify for the examination.
+ ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
For admission to the Diploma in Learning Disorders Management and Child Psychology programme:
For applicants who do not meet the above entry requirements, on a case-by-case basis, they may be required to take on bridging modules FIRST, before enrolling into this course.
+ COURSE FEE AND INFORMATION
|Preview Days & Time|| Mondays – Fridays
*Estimated duration of the free preview is 1-hour.
|New Intake Commencement
Date / Day / Time
|Jan, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct
Tuesday / 7.00pm – 10.00pm
|Duration||6 Months (Part-Time) | 12 Months (Part-Time)|
|Contact Hours||96 hrs|
|Course Fee Structure|| Payment to be made to
COLLEGE OF ALLIED EDUCATORS PTE LTD
|Non Refundable Application Fees||S$150.00|
|Total Payable before GST||S$5,925.00|
|GST of 7%||S$414.75|
|Total Payable after GST||S$6,339.75|
|Payment Mode|| Cash / NETS / Credit Card / Cheque / Telegraphic Transfer / Bank Transfer / In-house Instalment
– Interest-free instalment up to 12 months available for UOB & OCBC Credit Card Holders.
|Refund terms||refund table as per student contract|
|Fee Protection Scheme (FPS)||Fee Protection Scheme
Disclaimer: All terms, schedules, and prices are subject to change without prior notice and at the discretion of College of Allied Educators.