This 6-month part-time Certificate in Learning Disorders Management and Language Development (CLDM) part-time programme is designed specifically to train potential teachers, parents and caregivers to identify, detect and support children with learning and speech difficulties.
|Faculty||School of Education|
|Intake Dates||Jan, Mar, Jun, Aug, Oct|
|Contact||+65 6533 0031|
|Office Operation Hours||11.00am – 8.00pm / Mondays – Fridays|
- have a basic knowledge of the characteristics of the common types of disabilities;
- have the skills necessary for the identification of specific disabilities and understand the diagnosis and assessment of individual weaknesses;
- develop competency in a range of teaching skills to suit the needs of the children being taught;
- plan and evaluate individualised intervention programmes for their own area of disability specialisation;
- access the different resources to support the integration of a child with special needs;
- work with educationalists and therapists to provide counsel and support to parents with special needs children; and
- acquire a strong foundation in the areas of speech and language development.
The programme begins by introducing the theories and stages of developmental psychology and then moves on to the nature of special needs. The main focus will be for the students to be familiar with the most common learning disorders such as Autism Spectrum Disorders, Attention Deficit Disorders, Dyspraxia and Dyslexia. Students will be exposed to the identification processes, diagnosis processes and intervention strategies for individuals with needs. Students will then be trained to help children develop their literacy skills and communication skills. The programme is highly practice-oriented to ensure a direct linkage with the real issues and problems encountered by the teachers in their special classes.
Major Areas of Study
|Learning Disorders Management||Foundation to Special Needs
|Speech & Language Development||Theories and Practice|
Click here for information on modules in this programme.
Click here for the list of registered lecturers deployed for the respective programmes and modules.
Each module will be formally assessed by written assignments and/or an examination. Students must attend 75% of the classes to qualify for the examination.
For admission to the Certificate in Learning Disorders Management and Language Development programme:
- Minimum Age Requirement: 16 Years Old
- Language Proficiency: At least C6 at GCE O Level English
- Completed Secondary Education.
For applicants who do not meet the above entry requirements, on a case-by-case basis, they may be required to take on bridging modules FIRST, before enrolling into this course.
|Preview Days & Time:||
|Next Intake:||Jan, Mar, Jun, Aug, Oct|
|Duration:||6 Months (Part-Time)|
|Contact Hours:||48 hrs|
|Schedule:||Day Intake: Fridays / 9.30am – 12.00pm
Evening Intake: Wednesdays / 7.00pm – 10.00pm
|Course Fee Structure:||Payment to be made to
COLLEGE OF ALLIED EDUCATORS PTE LTD
|Non Refundable Application Fees:||Application Fee – S$150.00|
|Total Payable before GST:||S$3,790.00|
|GST of 7%:||S$265.30|
|Total Payable after GST:||S$4,055.30|
Cash / NETS / Credit Card / Cheque / Telegraphic Transfer / Bank Transfer / PayNow / In-house Instalment
– Interest-free instalment up to 12 months available for UOB & OCBC Credit Card Holders.
– In-house instalments available on a case-by-case basis.
|Refund terms:||Refund table as per student contract|
|Fee Protection Scheme (FPS):||Fee Protection Scheme|
|Other Fees:||Miscellaneous Fees|
Disclaimer: All terms, schedules, and prices are subject to change without prior notice and at the discretion of College of Allied Educators.