This is a 10-month Advanced Diploma in Counselling Psychology (ADICP) part-time programme covering a range of theoretical, analytical, conceptual and functional skills in counselling. It trains students to apply appropriate counselling skills in different situations while understanding their underlying theories. This programme prepares and equips students with the ability to work effectively as a counsellor.
SkillsFuture Study award claimable
|Faculty||School of Counselling|
|Next Intake||02 Dec 2019|
|Contact||+65 6533 0031|
|Office Operation Hours||11.00am – 8.00pm / Mondays – Fridays|
- Ability to critically evaluate the strengths and limitations of the major approaches in individual and group counselling and psychology.
- Achieve competence and to practice within the guidelines and ethical codes of counselling.
- Advance to a professional qualification and attain authentic counselling experience.
- Develop critical evaluation skills to assess and implement intervention strategies to fulfil therapeutic treatment goals.
- Ability to comprehend personal growth and self-awareness through self-exploration.
- Recognise and respect human diversity across populations, age groups, culture and contexts.
The ADICP programme begins by introducing students to the nature of psychology and relates it to the theories and concepts of counseling. Students move on to explore themselves in order to promote personal growth and self-awareness thus acquiring the key attributes of a competent counselor. Students will then gain knowledge to the different approaches of counseling and psychotherapy and have the skills to implement and apply them to the appropriate situations.
|Module 1||Psychological Theories and Perspectives|
|Module 2||Family Systems Therapy|
|Module 3||Counselling Skills|
|Module 4||Counselling Methods|
|Module 5||Counselling Ethics|
|Module 6||Group Counselling|
|Module 7||Crisis Intervention|
|Module 8||Addiction Intervention|
|Module 9||Counselling Children|
|Module 10||Practicum: Advanced Counselling Skills Practice|
Click here for information on modules in this programme.
Click here for the list of registered lecturers deployed for the respective programmes and modules.
Each module will be formally assessed by written assignments and an examination. Students must attend 75% of the classes to qualify for the examination.
For admission to the Advanced Diploma in Counselling Psychology programme:
- Minimum Age Requirement: 17 Years Old
- Language Proficiency: At least C6 at GCE O Level English
- Diploma in Learning Disorders Management and Child Psychology awarded by College of Allied Educators; OR,
- Diploma in any discipline; OR,
- At least 2 subject (including a pass in General Paper) passes with Grade E and above at GCE A Level and 2 subject passes with Grade C6 and above at GCE AO Level subjects; OR,
- Degree in any discipline.
For applicants who do not meet the above entry requirements, on a case-by-case basis, they may be required to take on bridging modules FIRST, before enrolling into this course.
|Preview Days & Time:||Mondays – Fridays
*Estimated duration of the free preview is 1-hour.
|Next Intake:||02 Dec 2019|
|Duration:||10 Months (Part-Time)|
|Contact Hours:||252 hrs|
|Schedule:||Monday & Thursday | 7.00pm – 10.00pm|
|Course Fee Structure:||Payment to be made to
COLLEGE OF ALLIED EDUCATORS PTE LTD
|Non Refundable Application Fees:||Application Fee – S$150.00
Practicum Fee – S$360
|Total Payable before GST:||S$9,330.00|
|GST of 7%:||S$653.10|
|Total Payable after GST:||S$9,983.10|
Cash / NETS / Credit Card / Cheque / Telegraphic Transfer / Bank Transfer / PayNow / In-house Instalment
– Interest-free instalment up to 12 months available for UOB & OCBC Credit Card Holders.
– In-house instalments available on a case-by-case basis.
|Refund terms:||Refund table as per student contract|
|Fee Protection Scheme (FPS):||Fee Protection Scheme|
|Other Fees:||Miscellaneous Fees|
Disclaimer: All terms, schedules, and prices are subject to change without prior notice and at the discretion of College of Allied Educators.
ADICP students who wish to qualify as a registered Counsellor with SAC must engage and bear an additional cost directly to a registered practicum supervisor. The additional cost of engaging such a supervisor is around $100.00 per hour. Prices and fees are subject to change.