This is a 5-month Diploma in Psychotherapy (DPSYT) part-time programme covering a range of theoretical, analytical, conceptual and functional skills in psychotherapy. This programme prepares and equips students with the ability to work effectively as a counsellor.
|Faculty||School of Counselling|
|Contact||+65 6533 0031|
|Office Operation Hours||11.00am – 8.00pm / Mondays – Fridays|
- To develop the fundamentals and knowledge in two broad aspects: self-awareness and group dynamism;
- To assess, evaluate and implement effective intervention protocols with flexibility akin to life-changing issues;
- To learn approaches towards understanding children’s emotions and behaviours by engaging them effectively; and
- To provide the reality experience of practicing with a pseudo client and the challenges of working as counsellors;
The Diploma in Psychotherapy programme first introduces group counselling where students acquire the essential skills required for group counselling. The benefits and disadvantages are also presented to prepare the students for issues that may arise during a session. Intervention strategies on addiction and crisis are then followed respectively. Students will then understand the various emotional and behavioural issues faced by children to better their skills in counselling children in different situations. Practicum will then supply students with opportunities to apply their knowledge and skills learnt.
|Module 1||Group Counselling|
|Module 2||Crisis Intervention|
|Module 3||Addiction Intervention|
|Module 4||Counselling Children|
|Module 5||Supervised Practicum|
Click here for information on modules in this programme.
Click here for the list of registered lecturers deployed for the respective programmes and modules.
Each module will be formally assessed by written assignments and an examination. Students must attend 75% of the classes to qualify for the examination.
CAE requires a minimum 90% attendance each month from its international students on ICA’s Student Pass.
To achieve a pass in a module, students must achieve at least 50% combining both written assignment and final examination.
Students must successfully complete and pass all the stipulated course modules to be awarded the Diploma in Psychotherapy.
- Minimum Age Requirement: 16 Years Old
- Language Proficiency: At least C6 at GCE O Level English, or equivalent
- At least 3 subject (including English) passes with grade C6 and above at GCE O Level subjects.
- Diploma in Counselling Psychology awarded by College of Allied Educators, or its equivalence.
|Preview Days & Time:||Mondays – Fridays
*Estimated duration of the free preview is 1-hour.
|Duration:||5 Months (Part-Time)|
|Contact Hours:||126 hrs (96 hrs + 30 hrs practicum)|
|Schedule:||Monday & Thursday | 7.00pm – 10.00pm|
|Course Fee Structure:||Payment to be made to
COLLEGE OF ALLIED EDUCATORS PTE LTD
|Non Refundable Application Fees:||Application Fee – S$150.00
Practicum Fee – S$360
|Total Payable before GST:||S$5,350.00|
|GST of 8%:||S$428.00|
|Total Payable after GST:||S$5,778.00|
Cash / NETS / Credit Card / Cheque / Telegraphic Transfer / Bank Transfer / PayNow / In-house Instalment
– Interest-free instalment up to 12 months available for UOB & OCBC Credit Card Holders.
– In-house instalments available on a case-by-case basis.
|Refund terms:||Refund table as per student contract|
|Fee Protection Scheme (FPS):||Fee Protection Scheme|
|Other Fees:||Miscellaneous Fees|
Disclaimer: All terms, schedules, and prices are subject to change without prior notice and at the discretion of College of Allied Educators.