Welcome to the University of Nottingham School of Education
The School of Education welcomes students, scholars and other partners from across Singapore, and the world into our vibrant global community.
The school leads the way in high quality research, teaching and professional education. It is one of the largest education departments of any UK university, and we were ranked 28th in the QS World University Rankings 2016.
The School of Education works globally through our international campuses and innovative courses and locally through partnership schools, professional networks and diverse communities. Our suite of ‘outstanding’ teacher training programmes is one of the largest in the UK.
|Faculty||School of Education|
|Closing Date||22 Sept 2017*|
|Intake Date||17 Nov 2017|
|Contact||Programme Director (CAE)
Ignatius : 6223 8891
|Office Operation Hours||11.00am – 7.30pm / Mondays – Fridays|
*Please contact us if you are submitting a late application
This programme has been registered and approved by CPE Singapore. Please click here for details. Committee for Private Education (CPE) is part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
This programme is designed for teachers or other professionals who have an interest in increasing their knowledge and skills in the field of special needs.
The Postgraduate Certificate in Special and Inclusive Education is suitable if you are:
- interested in developing your knowledge and understanding of children and young people with special educational needs
- working as a teacher or associated professional in mainstream education or specialised settings wishing to extend your skills and practice
- an experienced professional or new to working with children with additional needs
- a local or an international student
The programme offers a comprehensive focus on contemporary debates within special and inclusive education including local, national and international policies and approaches. It focuses on the specific needs of children with learning difficulties and disabilities, communication impairments, literacy difficulties/dyslexia, autism and ADHD to illustrate the challenges encountered in professional practice.
Critical exploration of current theory and research inform consideration of pedagogical approaches as well as the development of effective systems and structures for working with parents/carers and different agencies.
This programme provides high quality professional development that offers flexibility for students to pursue areas of interest and specialisms.
Advantages of studying Postgraduate Certificate in Special and Inclusive Education in Nottingham
The internationally respected Postgraduate Certificate in Special and Inclusive Education qualification supports career progression through:
- evaluating effective approaches to supporting disabled children and young people including those with moderate to severe and complex learning difficulties and/or personal, social, emotional and behaviour difficulties
- exploring values and beliefs, policy, legislation, multi-agency working and involvement of families and disabled children and young people
- building confidence in your professional practice skills
- promoting personal development through reflection and critical analysis of your own beliefs and practices
- increasing your academic and research skills which will support future doctorate level study including, for example, a Doctorate in Education or Educational Psychology or a PhD Special Educational Needs Co-ordinators
+ PROGRAMME STRUCTURE
Students need to successfully complete 60 credits. This will comprise 2 core modules, including written work, of 30 credits each.
Each core module is taught over four intensive days of face-to-face sessions. Following the face-to-face sessions, students are required to continue with the learning process through individual and/or group tutorials using means of distance communication such as email, telephone or video conference.
|1||Communication and Literacy (30 Credits)|
|2||Researching Special and Inclusive Education (30 Credits)|
|3||Relationships and Behaviour (30 Credits)|
|4||Debating Special and Inclusive Education (30 Credits)|
Postgraduate Certificate in Special and Inclusive Education is awarded upon completion of any two modules (total 60 credits earned)
+ ASSESSMENT METHODS
The 2 modules are assessed via a 6000 words assignment or equivalent.
+ ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
For admission to the Postgraduate Certificate in Special and Inclusive Education programme:
The School of Education, University of Nottingham may request an interview to further assess your eligibility for the programme.
+ COURSE FEE AND INFORMATION
|Preview Days & Time|| Mondays – Fridays
*Estimated duration of the free preview is 1-hour.
|Next Commencement Date
/ Day / Time
| Intake Date:
17 Nov 2017
|Duration||12 Months (Part-Time)|
|Contact Hours||64 hrs|
|Course Fee Structure|| Payment to be made to
COLLEGE OF ALLIED EDUCATORS PTE LTD
|Non Refundable Application Fee||S$100.00|
|Total Payable before GST||S$8,432.00|
|GST of 7%||S$590.24|
|Total Payable after GST||S$9,022.24|
|Payment Mode|| Cash / NETS / Credit Card / Cheque / In-house Instalment
– Interest-free instalment up to 12 months available for UOB Credit Card Holders.
– In-house instalments available on a case-by-case basis.
|Refund terms||refund table as per student contract|
Disclaimer: All terms, schedules, and prices are subject to change without prior notice and at the discretion of College of Allied Educators.