The Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) is opened automatically for all eligible Singaporeans.
The Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) is part of the Post-Secondary Education Scheme to help parents save for their children’s post-secondary education. The PSEA is administered by MOE and is opened automatically for all eligible Singaporeans.
Funds can be used to pay for account holder’s or their siblings’ approved programmes at approved institutions. It can also be used to repay government education loans and financial schemes.
The PSEA cannot be used for junior college and Millenia Institute expenses. Students in these schools may use their Edusave Account for such expenses instead. For additional help, students can seek financial assistance or apply for awards and scholarships.
Please download the PDF guide to learn how to make an ad hoc withdrawal.
Note: For applicants below 21, parent/ legal guardian’s NRIC/ signature is required.
Once Ministry of Education informs CAE of the outcome of your application, we will notify you by email. The application approval process may take several weeks.
When the PSEA will be opened
A PSEA will be opened for Singaporeans who have a balance in either their:
- Child Development Account (CDA) in the year they turn 7 years old for children born between 2001 and 2005, or the year they turn 13 years old for children born after 2005.
- Edusave Account in the year they turn 17 years old, or no longer studying in an MOE-funded school, whichever is later.
It will also be opened for Singaporeans who are eligible for:
- PSEA top-ups by the Government.
- The first payment of the National Service Housing, Medical and Education (NS HOME) Awards.
- The annual education bursary under the Home Ownership Plus Education (HOPE) Scheme.
As part of the Household Support Package announced in Budget 2022, the Government will provide a top-up of $200 to the PSEA of Singapore Citizens aged 17 to 20 in 2022 if they are not eligible for the Edusave top-up.
If the Singapore Citizens are eligible for the PSEA top-up, a PSEA will be opened for them if they do not already have one. The top-up had been provided on Saturday, 21 May 2022.
How you will be notified
You will be notified through the Singpass app inbox on Monday, 30 May 2022. If you do not have the Singpass app, you will be notified via SMS.