Awarded by the Academy of Play and Child Psychotherapy, UK, (APAC), the Postgraduate Diploma in Play Therapy (PGDDPT) allows students to become certified Play Therapists upon completion. This course can be taken once students have completed their foundational training through the Postgraduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play Skills.
Students will learn how to work therapeutically with groups of children and those with moderate to severe social, emotional and behavioral challenges. Students will develop Expressive Advanced Art Therapy Skills and Advanced Sand Tray Therapy Skills.
They will also learn about additional assessment methods Developing Symbolic Therapeutic Play Skills and supporting children who have experienced trauma, loss and other problems.
The programme includes a 100-hour of practicum which leads to an International Certification as a Therapist.
For other information relating to Play Therapy, kindly refer to Play Therapy Singapore’s website.
Funding eligibility: UTAP
|Intake Date||1 Sept 2023
Block 1: 1 – 3 Sept 2023
Block 2: 20 – 22 Oct 2023
Block 3: 24 – 26 Nov 2023
Block 4: 19 – 21 Jan 2024
Block 5: 1 – 3 Mar 2024
|Contact||+65 6533 0031|
|Office Operation Hours||11.00am – 8.00pm / Mondays – Fridays|
- A sound understanding of the principles underlying play therapy and the appropriate use of techniques.
- An ability to assess children’s needs and set up a play therapy services unit.
- An ability to make decisions taking into account the ethical issues concerning all parties involved.
- Increased confidence in using play therapy with children and adolescents and communications with referrers, parents and guardians.
- The counselling, therapeutic and practical skills to carry out effective play therapy with all children.
- Awareness of your own process and development.
- A comprehensive theoretical knowledge of child development and child psychology.
- The ability to use a full play therapy tool-kit comprehensively.
- An understanding of play therapy research issues and methods.
As the second phase towards the Masters (MA) in Practise Based Play Therapy, students of the Postgraduate Diploma in Play Therapy (PGDDPT) will have to complete the 15-day programme which consists of 120 contact hours as a pre-requisite for the MA programme.
Graduates of the PGDDPT programme can then proceed to pursue further in the MA in Practice Based Play Therapy while being certified internationally as a Play Therapist.
|Working Therapeutically with Groups and Research Methods||Developing metaphors for group working
Introduction to research methods
Developing expressive art skills
Dance and movement for groups
Assessment on special cases (e.g. Autism)
|Developing Expressive Art Skills and Assessment||Working with Parents/Teachers
Further training in Expressive Art Skills
Assessments through observation using video special cases (e.g. adopted/fostered)
|Developing Theatre Form Skills and Supporting Clients Through Loss||Therapeutic Story Telling
Assessment methods on special cases (e.g. loss/bereavement/separation)
|Developing Symbolic Play Skills and Supporting Children who have experienced Trauma||Advanced Skills (e.g. Sand Play)
Working with Metaphors
Assessment methods on special cases (e.g. physically and sexually abused children)
|Advanced Development for Play Therapist in Practice||Profession Play Therapist Development
Assessment in Special Cases (e.g. Working with Terminally Ill or Abuse)
To complete the programme, the candidate must fulfil the following:
- A portfolio which evidences the establishment of a play therapy service in new setting, supported by a critical commentary of the process and learning;
- An assessment of a series of 3 sand trays as demonstrated by the tutor, showing the candidate’s understanding of the learning in the module;
- A written analysis and assessment of a series of 3 child’s drawings;
- An essay on aspects on play therapy which could be a possible basis for research or practice innovation;
- A case study of a child that the candidate has worked with for at least one year. This study will provide an in-depth consideration to relevant theoretical constructs;
- A written case study of a group of children that the candidate has worked with for at least 6 sessions;
- Satisfactory reports from the candidate’s clinical supervisor, Course Director and Placement Manager; AND
- Evidence of the completion of 100 hours of clinical practice with all the required documentation including clinical governance data and process diary covering client work and clinical supervision.
Students must successfully complete and pass all the stipulated course modules to be awarded the Post Graduate Diploma in Play Therapy.
For admission to the Post Graduate Diploma in Play Therapy programme:
- Minimum Age Requirement: 21 Years Old
- Language Proficiency: At least IELTS 6.0
- Completed the Post Graduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play Skills with a minimum of 50 supervised clinical sessions with children.
|Preview Days & Time:||Mondays – Fridays
*Estimated duration of the free preview is 1-hour.
|Next Intake:||1 September 2023|
|Schedule of classes:||Block 1: 1 - 3 Sept 2023
Block 2: 20 – 22 Oct 2023
Block 3: 24-26 Nov 2023
Block 4: 19-21 Jan 2024
Block 5: 1-3 Mar 2024
|Time:||9.00am – 5.00pm|
|Duration:||12 month (Part-Time)
Total no of days per week: 5 days
Total no of hours per day: 8 hours
|Contact Hours:||120 Hours|
|Schedule||*All lessons are conducted between 9.00am – 5.00pm unless otherwise stated.|
|Course Fee Structure:||Payment to be made to
COLLEGE OF ALLIED EDUCATORS PTE LTD
|Non Refundable Application Fees:||Application Fee – S$150.00
Materials Fee – S$150.00
Insurance Coverage – S$455.00
|Total Payable before GST:||S$9,323.00|
|GST of 8%:||S$745.84|
|Total Payable after GST:||S$10,068.84|
Cash / NETS / Credit Card / Cheque / Telegraphic Transfer / Bank Transfer / PayNow / In-house Instalment
– Interest-free instalment up to 12 months available for UOB & OCBC Credit Card Holders.
– In-house instalments available on a case-by-case basis.
|Refund terms:||Refund table as per student contract|
|Fee Protection Scheme (FPS):||Fee Protection Scheme|
|Other Fees:||Miscellaneous Fees|
Disclaimer: All terms, schedules, and prices are subject to change without prior notice and at the discretion of College of Allied Educators.