The Postgraduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play Skills (PGDCTPS) is awarded by the Academy of Play and Child Psychotherapy, UK, (APAC). The course empowers students with the training according to PTUK’s Integrative Holistic Approach to explore ways of integrating the child as the centre of a social system, which includes schools, and their families.
Students will learn how to work therapeutically with individual children with mild to moderate social, emotional and behavioral challenges. They will be introduced to different modalities and Play Therapy tools. The course will also cover child protection procedures, appraisal and integration of Therapeutic Interventions, and the applications of principles of Neuroscience.
The main items in the ‘Play Therapy Tool-Kit’ are revisited, used as an assessment method, and put into practice in dealing with more difficult problems.
The programme also includes a 100-hour of practicum which leads to an International Certification as a Practitioner in Therapeutic Play Skills.
For other information relating to Play Therapy, kindly refer to Play Therapy Singapore’s website.
|Current Batch||PGCERT SG 16
Block 1: 27th Feb – 1st Mar 2021
Block 2: 9th – 11th Apr 2021
Block 3: 2nd – 4th July 2021
Block 4: 13th – 15th Aug 2021
Block 5: 24th – 26th Sept 2021
|Next Intake||PGCERT SG 17
|Contact||+65 6533 0031|
|Office Operation Hours||11.00am – 8.00pm / Mondays – Fridays|
- have a sound understanding of the principles underlying play therapy;
- acquire the ability to use the play therapy toolkit appropriately when working with children;
- obtain the ability to assess children’s needs and organise the provision of therapeutic play facilities;
- gain practical knowledge and skills for conducting play therapy sessions with children;
- appreciate the ethical issues when working with children;
- understand your own development and process; and
- achieve theoretical knowledge of child development and child psychology.
The overall purpose is to enable participants to practise safely and effectively using therapeutic play skills within a variety of settings. Participants will be trained to provide emotional and psychological support to children facing minor to moderate issues.
The Postgraduate Certificate of Therapeutic Play Skills (PGDCTPS) consists of a 15-day programme with 120 contact lecture hours.
Upon completion, it leads to the Postgraduate Diploma in Therapeutic Play Skills (PGDCTPS) which accredits and recognises you as a Certified Play Therapist internationally.
|1. Introduction to Art and Play Therapy||Starting to Work Therapeutically With Children
The Therapeutic Play Continuum
Setting Up to Practice
|2. Music Skills for Working With Individuals and Attachment Theory|
|3. Storytelling & Puppetry Skills for Use With Individual Children||Comparison of Theoretical Models of Psychotherapy|
|4. Sand Play Skills for Working with Individuals and Related Theory||Use of Natural Materials
Child Development Theory (1)
Art Therapy for Individuals
|5. Dance and Movement Skills for Working with Individuals||Student Presentations
|6. Practicum||Clinical practice/Exposure|
To complete the programme, the candidate must fulfil the following:
- A presentation of a 4000-word case study;
- Satisfactory completion of a Process Diary;
- Continuous evaluation of course work contributions and ability to work with group dynamics;
- 3 assignments emerging from practice and 4 book reviews;
- 100 clinical hours working with children;
- One hour of clinical supervision for every 6 hours of clinical work; AND
- Demonstration of the theory taught in relation to child development and the use of therapeutic play techniques, assessment and child protection.
Students must successfully complete and pass all the stipulated course modules to be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play Skills.
For admission to the Postgraduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play Skills programme:
- Minimum Age Requirement: 21 Years Old
- Language Proficiency: At least IELTS 6.0
- Degree in any discipline.
1 For applicants who do not meet the above entry requirements, on a case-by-case basis, they are required to take on bridging modules FIRST, before enrolling into this course.
|Preview Days & Time:||Mondays – Fridays
*Estimated duration of the free preview is 1-hour.
|Next Intake:||29 Oct 2020|
|Schedule of classes:||Block 1: 27th Feb– 1st Mar 2021
Block 2: 9th – 11th Apr 2021
Block 3: 21st – 23rd May 2021
Block 4: 2nd – 4th July 2021
Block 5: 13th – 15th Aug 2021
|Time:||9.00am – 5.00pm|
|Duration:||12 month (Part-Time)
Total no of days per week: 5 days
Total no of hours per day: 8 hours
|Contact Hours:||120 Hours|
|Course Fee Structure:||Payment to be made to
COLLEGE OF ALLIED EDUCATORS PTE LTD
|Non Refundable Application Fees:||Application Fee – S$150.00
Materials Fee – S$150.00
PTI Membership Fee – S$120.00
Insurance Coverage – S$455.00
PTI Prescribed Textbook – S$80.00
|Total Payable before GST:||S$9,295.00|
|GST of 7%:||S$650.65|
|Total Payable after GST:||S$9,945,65|
Cash / NETS / Credit Card / Cheque / Telegraphic Transfer / Bank Transfer / PayNow / In-house Instalment
– Interest-free instalment up to 12 months available for UOB & OCBC Credit Card Holders.
– In-house instalments available on a case-by-case basis.
|Refund terms:||Refund table as per student contract|
|Fee Protection Scheme (FPS):||Fee Protection Scheme|
|Other Fees:||Miscellaneous Fees|
Disclaimer: All terms, schedules, and prices are subject to change without prior notice and at the discretion of College of Allied Educators.