Tan Teck Leng
Dr. Monica Walet
Ms. Nancy Tandela
Mr. Jim Ismael Omar Bek
We would like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude to Mr. Chris James Pratt and Ms. Renu Kumar for their valuable contributions during their tenure as the College’s Academic and Examination Board members. We would like to wish them the best for their future endeavours.
At the same time, we are honoured to welcome Dr. Monica Walet and Mr. Tan Teck Leng onto the College’s Academic and Examination Board.
Dr. Monica Walet (PhD RP MSPS) is a Consulting Psychologist and an experienced Education Leader. In Singapore’s private education institutions, she assumed the roles of Academic Director, Programme Leader for Psychology, Associate Dean for Business and Psychology; and, Award Leader of the Monash University Off-Shore Programmes in Business and Psychology.
Mr. Tan Teck Leng joined CAE as College Director in October 2016 and brings with him a wealth of knowledge and experience in education leadership in Singapore and throughout South East Asia.
Ms. Nancy Tandela and Mr. Jim Ismael Omar Bek, President of Singapore Association for Counselling (SAC), will continue to provide their valuable feedback and guidance as members of the College’s Academic and Examination Board.
The College appreciates and looks forward to their respected opinions in further improving academic quality and examination policies.
Past Board Members
2015 – 2017
- Ms. Renu Kumar
- Mr. Christ James Pratt
2013 – 2015
- Mr. Vasudavan Govindasamy
2011 – 2013
- Ms. Andrea Mayrhofer
- Mr. Bimal Rai
Academic and Examination Board
With an office term of two years, the Academic and Examination Board is tasked by the College for the following:
- Ensuring academic integrity, quality and standards set are met;
- Establishing and reviewing of courses’ curriculum;
- Recruiting and evaluating programmes and lecturers to meet the criteria set by both Committee for Private Education (CPE), Singapore, and College of Allied Educators; and,
- Developing, implementing and monitoring of assessment methods and examination policies and procedures are consistent and fair.
Committee for Private Education (CPE) is part of SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)